Friday, January 29, 2016

1/29/2016

Hello out there from the Pacific Northwest.  In an amazing turn of events, everything is rain.  Actually, the late Winter/Spring rainy season is one of the things I love best about the Spokane area.

I meant to have a blog posted yesterday, but arrrgh this week has been a hell of family emergencies and sleepless nights.  However, I am here now and fully intend to blog about... something.
***



This happened.  Actually, it happens a lot, but they do not like digital proof so they tend to scatter when the phone comes out.  If I meet an untimely end, it may be because I posted this image.
***

I have been trying to be a more active social networker lately.  Mostly it comes in the form of tweets, because I can totally eat up thirty seconds of your time with nonsense and not feel guilty.  Any longer than that and I feel like anything I put out into the public's eye needs to be cut and edited several times just to make sure that every moment a stranger gives me might be worth it.  So, if you're not following me on the Twitter, and you don't mind me trying to be funny or overly-cynical or even talking about books once in awhile, you can follow me here.  I will do my best to never waste more than thirty seconds of your time, per tweet, but I'm not making any promises.
***

If you like audiobooks, I am currently listening to The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (who is actually J.K. Rowling).  I like it so far, quite a lot actually.  It's a crime/thriller novel and I absolutely love the voice Rowling has found in this genre.  
In old-school paper form, I'm currently reading 20th Century Ghosts, a collection of short stories by Joe Hill.  The book is filled with ghost stories and non-ghost stories which are equally well-written, and the collection is beautifully dark, scary, and sometimes sad.  I urge you to read it if you haven't already.
***

Unfortunately, my daily writing faltered a bit this week with all the craziness around me, but it was a temporary bump in the road.  I am already back, with my ass at the desk, trying to catch a few decent scenes on the page.

I think I'll leave you now.  I need coffee and there is work to be done.  Also, I need to edit this a few times to make sure I'm using the precious time you're giving me in a wise manner.  Have a good week, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment